The Collegiate Parents and Friends Association (P&F) welcomes and supports new parents, maintains an engaged and informed parent community and proudly promotes Collegiate to the wider community.
Every parent becomes an automatic member when their daughter is enrolled at Collegiate.
As well as the strong focus on building supportive friendships and networks amongst parents, the Collegiate P&F raises essential funds to support the School. Major events include the School Fair, the Father/Daughter Walk and the Mother/Daughter Bike Ride. These events raise money to help fund a vast array of items and initiatives across the whole School.
Collegiate P&F Committee
The Committee is made up of one parent Year Group Representative for each year from ELC to Year 12, as well as a President, Treasurer and Secretary. The President is able to serve a maximum 3-year term.
Year Group Representatives typically join the P&F at the annual general meeting in early November; however, vacancies can be filled at any time and parents are welcome to indicate their interest at any time.
They play a key role in liaising with their respective Year groups, and organise relaxed, enjoyable opportunities for parents to meet on a casual basis and build friendships.
Other elected positions include Event Coordinators for the Fair, Quiz Night, Christmas Craft & Food Market and more.
All Collegiate parents and friends are welcome to attend the monthly meetings to ask questions, contribute to discussions and hear from guest speakers from time to time. The Principal and Deputy Principal usually attend, together with members of staff.
The current President of the Collegiate P&F is Karen Jones. Please direct all enquiries to Karen via PFA@collegiate.tas.edu.au.
A full list of current P&F Association members, meeting minutes and agendas can be found on myCollegiate.
|Vice President||Bev Curry|
A selection of recent Collegiate P&F funded projects are listed below.
Collegiate P&F Projects
- 4 x marquees purchased for sports carnivals and events
- Padded bench seats and heating for Linmor Hall
- New water cooler for the Senior common rooms
- Recovering of furniture in the Senior School
- Furniture for the EDGE learning room
- Recycling bins
- Bikes for Outdoor Education
- Prep House Outside area
- Chairs for Music practice
- Robotics for the Junior School
- Middle School Founders’ Lounge (2 x couches/ottomans and cushions)
- Fencing of Ham Common
- New data projector for the PAC
- Funding of ‘Positive psychology for teaching young people’
- Storage shed for Collegiate P&F equipment at Ham Common
- Equipment for the Collegiate Fair & other events e.g. microwaves and milkshake makers
Curriculum Resource Projects
- Library books
- Year 5 reading circle novels
- Middle School science lab equipment
- Language department digital recorders
- Sewing machine for Anglesea
- Set of Bells for Music Department
- Annual donation for Leavers’ Dinner photos
- Annual donation for all Houses to thank them for their help at the Fair
- Annual donation of House badges to all Year 4 students going to Year 5
- Annual P&F Leadership Award at Speech Night
The Angels are groups of past Collegiate parents who maintain their friendships and social connections with their child’s year group and their support of the School. This is done on an informal basis within the relevant leavers’ year group.
Named by Sister Jessica to recognise their remarkable contributions to Collegiate. We know that there are many past parents who enjoy catching up and we encourage any interested past parents to become involved.