Helpful resources to prepare for the 2019 academic year
Booklists for 2019 are available below, listing the textbooks and stationery items required for next year. Please click the relevant link(s) below.
|Year 1||Year 8|
|Year 2||Year 9|
|Year 3||Year 10|
|Year 4||Years 11 and 12|
|Year 5||Years 11 and 12 (Hutchins)|
Online ordering and Hobart Showgrounds Book Sales
Information regarding internet ordering and sales of textbooks and stationary can be found here.
first day of term 2019
The first day of Term 1 is Monday 4 February.
New students should report to the Reception of their campus where they will be directed to their class areas.
Download the Uniform Handbook, view the Uniform Shop Price List, and complete your online order here.
Collegiate buy & sell Facebook page
This Facebook page is a closed group for the Collegiate community. It is a forum to buy, sell and swap items relating to your daughter’s education at Collegiate. Goods include uniform items, books and sporting equipment. To request your membership to the group, please click here.
2019 prescribed device program (Years 5 to 8)
The use of ICT is embedded within the curriculum at Collegiate, providing valuable support across all learning areas. In the Middle School, we continue to run a successful Prescribed Device program, enabling girls to access, understand and apply 21stcentury skills via their own individual device.
The 2019 prescribed device has now been finalised and is available for purchase. To learn more about the 'Yoga 11e' notebook, please follow the links below:
Directions Handbooks are produced for ELC, Junior, Middle and Senior School and document the curriculum and exciting opportunities available to students in the coming year.
To view the available curriculum handbooks for 2019, please click here.
To view the Parent Handbook, please click here.
Orientation Day for all Junior School students will be held on Friday 1 February 2019. Please visit our Events page for more information.
Orientation Day for Middle and Senior students will occur on the morning of Monday 4 February 2019 (first day of Term 1).
school bus service
The School operates a bus service for students from Kindergarten through to Year 7. Students in other Year levels may request to travel, but our youngest students are given first priority with available seats. The cost of the service is noted below for your convenience.
We combine our services with The Hutchins School to ensure we can serve as many areas as possible. Collegiate students may travel on a Collegiate or Hutchins bus, depending on their residential area. The areas serviced this year were:
- Bus 1 (Collegiate) travels via Margate Pharmacy, Howden, Blackmans Bay, Kingston, Mt Nelson, Tolmans Hill, South Hobart and Hutchins ELC
- Bus 1 (Hutchins) travels via Taroona, Sandy Bay, Dynnyrne, Battery Point and North Hobart and return
- Bus 2 (Collegiate) travels via Lauderdale, Roches Beach, Acton (some central pick-ups), Seven Mile Beach (some central pick-ups), Acton Roundabout, Cambridge Roundabout and return
- Bus 2 (Hutchins) travels via Shoreline Shopping Centre, Tranmere, Howrah, Rose Bay, Geilston Bay, Lindisfarne, Montagu Bay and Bellerive and return
- Bus 3 (Collegiate) travels via Bridgewater (Central Pick-up), Old Beach, Lenah Valley (South of Creek Rd), West Hobart and South Hobart
- Bus 3 (Hutchins) travels via Berriedale, Rosetta, Montrose, Glenorchy, Goodwood, Derwent Park, West Moonah and Lenah Valley (North of Creek Rd)
These areas could change depending on demand. In the case of over demand, preference is given to the youngest students, those travelling both morning and afternoon, other transport availability and the distance from School.
Bus Fees 2019
|Trip||Cost per Term|
|1 per week||$100.00|
|2 per week||$130.00|
|3 per week||$160.00|
|4 per week||$190.00|
|5 per week||$230.00|
|6 or more per week||$270.00|
Please note, all prices above are GST inclusive. Use of the bus on a casual basis will incur a charge of $14.00 per trip, but places cannot be guaranteed. All bus charges (except casual charges) will be capped at a maximum charge of $270.00 per term per student.