St Michael's Collegiate Parents & Friends' Association provides an important link between parents and the School.
The Collegiate P&F is actively involved in welcoming and supporting new parents, maintaining an engaged and informed parent community, and proudly promoting Collegiate to the wider community. The Year Representatives of the Collegiate P&F organise a variety of social gatherings and events across our campuses, creating opportunities for parents to meet on a casual basis and build friendships.
As well as the strong focus on building supportive friendships and networks amongst parents, the Collegiate P&F raises essential funds to support the School. The major Collegiate P&F events include the gala School Fair, a Quiz Night, separate special nights for Mothers and Fathers, a Father-Daughter-Walk and a Christmas Craft and Food Market. These events raise many thousands of dollars that fund a vast array of items and initiatives across the whole School.
For a full list of events and details, please click this link.
Read full BIO
Monday 2 July
Read full BIO
How can I contribute?
Read full BIO
P&F Events for 2018
COLLEGIATE P&F COMMITTEE 2018
The Collegiate P&F comprises Year Group Representatives from ELC to Year 12, as well as an Executive (President, Treasurer and Secretary).
The President is able to serve a maximum 3-year term. Year Group Representatives typically join the Collegiate P&F at the AGM in early November; however, vacancies can be filled at any time and parents are welcome to indicate their interest at any point in the school year.
Other elected positions include Event Coordinators (Fair, Quiz Night and Christmas Craft & Food Market), as well as an Asset Manager.
The current President of the Collegiate P&F is Leiz Moore. Please direct all enquiries to Leiz via PAF@collegiate.tas.edu.au.
A full list of current P&F Association members can be found on myCollegiate.
A selection of recent Collegiate P&F funded projects are listed below.
Collegiate P&F Projects
- 4 x marquees purchased for sports carnivals and events
- Padded bench seats and heating for Linmor Hall
- New water cooler for the Senior common rooms
- Recovering of furniture in the Senior School
- Furniture for the EDGE learning room
- Recycling bins
- Bikes for Outdoor Education
- Prep House Outside area
- Chairs for Music practice
- Robotics for the Junior School
- Middle School Founders' Lounge (2 x couches/ottomans and cushions)
- Fencing of Ham Common
- New data projector for the PAC
- Funding of 'Positive psychology for teaching young people'
- Storage shed for Collegiate P&F equipment at Ham Common
- Equipment for the Collegiate Fair & other events e.g. microwaves and milkshake makers
Curriculum Resource Projects
- Library books
- Year 5 reading circle novels
- Middle School science lab equipment
- Language department digital recorders
- Sewing machine for Anglesea
- Set of Bells for Music Department
- Annual donation for Leavers’ Dinner photos
- Annual donation for all Houses to thank them for their help at the Fair
- Annual donation of House badges to all Year 4 students going to Year 5
- Annual P&F Leadership Award at Speech Night
The Angels are groups of past Collegiate parents who maintain their friendships and their support of the School.
Named by Sister Jessica to recognise their remarkable contributes to Collegiate, each year The Angels fund prizes are presented at Speech Night. We know that there are many past parents who enjoy catching up and we encourage any interested past parents to become involved. For further details, please email PAF@collegiate.tas.edu.au.
COLLEGIATE BUY AND SELL FACEBOOK PAGE
A place for members of the Collegiate community to buy, sell and exchange goods related to the School.
For example uniforms, textbooks and sporting equipment.
Click the following link to visit the Facebook page.
COLLEGIATE P&F EQUIPMENT HIRE
We have a small number of tents and trestle tables available for hire. Please see the download form below for further details. All queries should be directed here.
General enquiries may be directed to PAF@collegiate.tas.edu.au.