Girls flourish in an all-girls’ environment. Nowhere is this more evident than at St Michael's Collegiate School. Our students develop their passion for learning and grow within a culture based on clarity of school mission, clear communication and trust. Every girl can develop her capabilities without judgement in a culture of achievement where opportunities are boundless.
When considering a girls school for your daughter, it is important to note that significant research indicates:
- Girls in girls’ schools achieve significantly stronger academic results than any other group in Australia.
- Girl-centred learning ensures girls receive the teacher’s full attention as more girls study maths, science, and technology in single-sex schools.
- There is a greater sense of connectedness – listening, helping and accepting others’ points of view.
- All the leadership roles are filled by girls: from the captain of the touch football team to the head of the student body; from the first trombone in the school orchestra to the main part in the school play; and from all the committee chairs in every organisation to the leaders of every school club.
- In girls’ schools, girls encounter strong female role models, and are encouraged to achieve successful outcomes from their own efforts.
- All activities are open to girls: they participate, influence and lead.
- In an all-girl classroom, girls take on all the roles in the group, providing an atmosphere where students take the risks necessary for genuine achievement.
- Girls thrive and excel in collaborative teams.
- Teachers can match their teaching to the way girls learn and develop their courses to suit girls’ needs.
- Girls can work through the challenges of adolescence without fear of embarrassment or harassment.
- Girls can develop their relationships in a supportive environment.
- Girls are able and encouraged to explore a career in any area.
- Girls’ achievements are celebrated.
At Collegiate, we inspire and nurture the girls of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The following video provides a fantastic overview of why you should consider a girls’ school.
St Michael's Collegiate School is proud to be an active member of the Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia and at the forefront of education for women in the 21st century.