Girls flourish in an all girls’ environment. Nowhere is this more evident than at St Michael's Collegiate School. Our students develop their passion for learning and grow within a culture based on clarity of school mission, clear communication and trust. Every girl can develop her capabilities without judgement in a culture of achievement where opportunities are boundless.
When considering a girls school for your daughter, it is important to note that significant research indicates:
- Girls in girls’ schools achieve significantly stronger academic results than any other group in Australia.
- Girl-centred learning ensures girls receive the teacher’s full attention as more girls study maths, science, and technology in single-sex schools.
- There is a greater sense of connectedness – listening, helping and accepting others’ points of view.
- All the leadership roles are filled by girls: from the captain of the touch football team to the head of the student body; from the first trombone in the school orchestra to the main part in the school play; and from all the committee chairs in every organisation to the leaders of every school club.
- In girls’ schools, girls encounter strong female role models, and are encouraged to achieve successful outcomes from their own efforts.
- All activities are open to girls: they participate, influence and lead.
- In an all-girl classroom, girls take on all the roles in the group, providing an atmosphere where students take the risks necessary for genuine achievement.
- Girls thrive and excel in collaborative teams.
- Teachers can match their teaching to the way girls learn and develop their courses to suit girls’ needs.
- Girls can work through the challenges of adolescence without fear of embarrassment or harassment.
- Girls can develop their relationships in a supportive environment.
- Girls are able and encouraged to explore a career in any area.
- Girls’ achievements are celebrated.
At Collegiate we inspire and nurture the girls of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The following video provides a fantastic overview of why you should consider a girls’ school.
St Michael's Collegiate School is proud to be an active member of the Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia and at the forefront of education for women in the 21st century. Our Principal, Mrs Judith Tudball, is the Tasmanian representative on the National Executive of the Alliance of Girls’ Schools.